The registered owner of this Site (https://adlens.com) is Adlens Limited. Our company registration number is 05288859 and our principal place of business is at Eynsham, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
Access to our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. It is provided for general information purposes only. We do not make any representations, warranties, guarantees that the Site is complete, accurate or up-to-date. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our Site (or any part of it) at any time without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
All text, images, code, content and any other form of information (“Content”) included on Adlens site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Adlens.
You may view the Content of this Site for information purposes only. You may store, download and print one copy of the Content for your personal reference and/or draw attention of others within your organisation to the Content posted on our Site. All other copying, adaptation, reproduction and any redistribution of any Content from Adlens Site is prohibited, unless you have been given express written permission by Adlens.
Adlens logo and name as shown on this Site are trademarks of Adlens Limited and may not be used or reproduced without our consent.
Links to Adlens Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a fair and legal manner and does not damage our reputation, and you must not establish a link in such a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Adlens end where none exist. Deep-linking to Adlens other pages requires our express written permission.
You may not link to our Site from any website that is not owned by you. You must not link our Site where the content contains material including, but not limited to, that are hateful, discriminatory in nature, promotes violence or unlawful activity.
Links from Adlens Site
Links to other websites may be included on our Site. Unless expressly stated, these websites are not under Adlens control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party websites. The inclusion of a link to another website on our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the websites themselves or of those in control of them.
To the extent permitted by law:
- We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to our Site or any Content included our Site;
- We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage;
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our Site is free from viruses and other malware. We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of our Site (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on our Site.
Viruses, Malware and Security
We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware. You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via our Site. Your must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of our Site, the server on which our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to our Site.
By breaching this provision, you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
We may alter these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you Upon your first use of our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
Jurisdictions and Applicable Law
These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdictions over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site.
If you have any questions or concerns about our Site, please contact us
Last Revised: 5th March 2019
The Sites is operated by Adlens Limited (“Adlens”, “we”, “us” or “our”) with a registered company number: 05288859 and our registered office is at Chilbrook, 1 Oasis Park, Stanton Harcourt Road, Eynsham, Oxfordshire, OX29 4TP.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you in a number of different ways. Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the service and experiences that you and our customers expect from us. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information about you and the ways in which that information will be used.
Information you share with us
We may collect and have access to personally identifiable information that you provide, either on our Site, email or otherwise. For example, you will provide your information to us when you contact our customer service teams regarding your historical product order and your lifetime guarantee, or when you contact us to request information about our services.
Adlens Career Pages as advertised on the Site (https://adlens.com/pages/careers) uses your personal information to support your application for employment at Adlens. For more information about how we use your personal information when using the Adlens Career Pages, please refer to the Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Through such interactions, we may collect the following limited personal information, including:
- Details of your historical registration with us, your email and/or username when you create an account with us;
- Details of your name, email address, postal address or other information when you are applying for a role with us as advertised on our Site;
- Details of your historical registration with us, when you activate your product lifetime warranty so that we can replace your product;
- Details of your visits to and browsing of our website, including your communication, historical shopping preferences and other data as part of our obligations to continue to fulfil the contract that we have previously entered with you;
- Details of your name, contact details, job role, profession, your employer and/or organisation you are affiliated with when you are enquiring about services;
Third Party Providers
We may also receive information about you from other parties, for example: analytic providers who help us to give you a more relevant online experience.
How We Use Your Information
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service and experiences that you expect from us.
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we have entered with you ,and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our products and services;
- To ensure the content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile devices, or any other technology, manner or means which you used to access our website;
- For security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- May use the information to send you email or other communications if you have requested information or have purchased products and/or services from us.
We may also use your personal data:
- To assist in any disputes or investigations relating to your product or warranty matters;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions
- To comply with our legal obligations in the following limited and necessary circumstances, including to comply with a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
Aside from the above, we are also required by the data protection and privacy laws of some countries to have a “legal basis” or “lawful ground” for handling personal information. This means that we have to have a legal justification for handling your information. In most part, we need to handle your personal information so that we can provide you with the products or services that you have asked for and to ensure our products and websites are able to work properly and to do all the things that you expect them to.
There are times where our use of your personal information is not strictly necessary for us to be able to provide you with our products and services, or for them to work properly. In those circumstances, we have what’s called a “legitimate interest” in handling your personal information; our “legitimate interest” may be to:
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Keep Adlens websites, products and IT systems safe and secure;
- Ensure that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- Customize and improve the way that you shop at our websites and engage with us in the future.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
Third party service providers
To best serve you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service providers that provide support services to us or that help us market our services.
We impose contractual obligations on our service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Adlens and to you, and for no other purposes. These third-party service providers fall into the following categories:
- Those that help us to fulfil the delivery of the replacement of the product that you have purchased from Adlens as part of the lifetime guarantee;
- Those that help us with processing of your refund on the product that you previously purchased from us, IT technologies or support; and
- Those that help us to provide services and responses to you.
Other third parties
Aside from our third-party service providers, we may, in certain instances, share your data if required to do so by law, including in response to a legal process such as court order, or to comply with other national, state or local laws.
Links to Other Websites & Services
Our website may include links to other sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties (‘Linked Sites’). Adlens provides Linked Sites to you solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of Linked Sites does not imply endorsement by Adlens of the Linked Sites. Please be aware that Adlens is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site or tracking technologies they may use.
Such Linked Sites have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should review those terms of privacy policies you use these Linked Sites to make sure you understand how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Our website uses “cookies”, small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit us online. They are widely used in order to fulfil contracts, to improve our website design, as well as our products and services. Adlens’ website sets cookies which remain on your computer for differing times. Some expire at the end of each session and some remain for longer so that when you return to our website, you have a better user experience.
We use the following type of cookies: first party cookies (which Adlens set) and third-party cookies (which are set by third parties).
These cookies are set by Adlens. For the most part, they enable essential functionality of our website. They also include our own Web Analytics cookies, which we use to understand how our websites are used by visitors so that we can improve them.
These cookies are not set by Adlens, but by selected third parties with whom we work. Some of these third-party cookies enable useful services, for example Microsoft Bing Ad that we used to make the advertising message more relevant to you and your interest or our eCommerce platform, which collects information about your shopping cart as a whole and which expires when the browsing session ends.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your internet browser. The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a website (www.allaboutcookies.org) which explains how cookies work and how they can be managed. The IAB website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Security and Protecting Your Data
In addition, we use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including a combination of encryption, IT technologies so that your data is processed, managed and handled carefully. Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
Additionally, we do not recommend that you share your user details and personal data with anyone. We will never ask you to confirm your user details or personal data via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Adlens asking you to do so, please ignore and do not response.
If we suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your information, we will let you know about it.
Global Transferring and Handling of Your Personal Information
We, and those third parties that we share your personal information with, may host, store and otherwise handle that information in the UK (at our headquarters). We will make sure that any transfers of your personal information from one country to another comply with those data protection and privacy laws which apply. European data protection laws, in particular, include specific rules on transferring personal information outside the EEA.
Retention of your information
How to Access, Change, or Remove Your Information
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so. You can access, change or remove all your personal identifiable information that we collect from you in the following ways:
Opting-out (Adlens Stop Contacting Me) / Remove my information
If you don’t want us to send you any marketing communications (known as “opt-out”), you can do so at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all marketing emails or reaching out to us here. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of email communications but it will not prevent you from receiving email about your historical orders or the transactions you place through our website or to email in response to a specific request from you.
Rectification and/or Removal of your information
If you request the deletion or correction of any data we have about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. To do so, we will take step to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections and this procedure is necessary to safeguard your privacy and security.
If you request us to “block” or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of your personal information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personal information.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact our data protection compliance team at firstname.lastname@example.org or for any general enquiries at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Adlens Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
As part of any recruitment process, Adlens Limited collect and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
What information does Adlens collect?
Adlens collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK; and
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health, and religion or belief.
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, from other sources where you have made your personal information publicly available for the purposes of recruitment on jobs boards such as, LinkedIn (or other publicly available social media networks and databases) or obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment, including online tests.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why do Adlens process personal data?
We need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, where required by local law to check that you are eligible to work in the UK before employment starts.
Adlens has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
Adlens may process information about whether or not applicants are disabled so we can make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability. Where we process other special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health, religion or belief, age, gender or marital status, this is done for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring with the explicit consent of job applicants, which can be withdrawn at any time.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment process. This includes members of the business involved in recruitment e.g. HR, Managers, Administrators, IT and externally with recruitment agencies, HR Consultants, online testing providers, if applicable.
We will not share your data with third parties, other than outlined above, unless your application for employment is successful and we offer you employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, and where appropriate employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal records checks.
We will not transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
How does Adlens protect data?
Adlens takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does Adlens keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Adlens will hold your data on file for 6 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period your data is deleted from our records. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you wish to withdraw your consent.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your HR personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you is in our Data Protection Register.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data by making a subject access request;
- require Adlens to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require Adlens to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where Adlens is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask Adlens to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override Adlens legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.
If you believe that Adlens has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/).
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Adlens during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Recruitment processes at Adlens are not based solely on automated decision-making. Check out our current job opportunities.