Location: Eynsham, UK
Reporting to: Programme Director / Director of Product Development
Our team of scientists and engineers are developing the materials, technology, components and manufacturing methods to make variable focus lenses a practical reality for our hi-tech customers.
As a project manager, you will support a number of research and product development projects with work planning, progress reporting, supplier management and risk management; including acting as SCRUM master in an “Agile” development environment.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work with the project teams to plan their workload to meet project milestones on a weekly, monthly and 6-monthly forecast.
- Manage Agile development – run sprint planning and review meetings and daily SCRUM sessions.
- Customer relationships – liaise with customers to understand their requirements and priorities and provide updates on project activity
- Risk management – identify and assess potential problems, take action to minimise impact on the projects
- Report on progress against project deliverables, timing and cost
- Manage supplier relationships – set up non-disclosure agreements, contracts, purchase orders and ensure delivery of materials, components, equipment or services.
- You have managed projects in a hi-tech industry, working with high tolerance precision devices such as medical devices, consumer electronics, optical systems or small electro-mechanical devices.
- You are familiar with formal project management methodologies, but you also understand that working on new technologies is unpredictable and needs a flexible, pragmatic approach.
- You’re a great problem solver, with experience of prioritisation, risk management and continuous improvement tools. Experience of “Agile” development in a hardware environment would be helpful.
- You understand end-to-end product delivery from research to customer and you have seen the integration of the outcomes of scientific research with engineering design, manufacturing and supply chain (inbound and outbound)
- You have worked with external customers, managing contractual deliverables
- You have excellent communication skills – your written and verbal English is fluent and you produce concise, clear, high quality presentations and reports
- You are a proficient user of Microsoft Office Applications, including Microsoft Project
- You have worked in a regulated / ISO controlled environment - experience of ISO 13485, ISO9001 MDD and FDA 21 CFR regulations are desirable.
- Educated to Degree level – ideally in a numerate discipline – science or engineering
- PRINCE2 / APM / Agile SCRUM master or similar qualification
Other requirements / Information
- Team player
- Willing to constructively challenge team members to deliver stretching goals
- Ability to see both the big picture and drill into detail
- Highly organised, good at juggling competing priorities
- Dealing with uncertainty: comfortable working with a large number of “unknowns” and high levels of project risk
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic about new technologies
- Keen to work in a fast-moving rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment
- Eligible to work in the UK
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Cover Letter (.pdf /.doc / .docx)
- CV / Resume (.pdf / .doc / .docx)
- Linkedin Profile URL (if available)
Please make sure you put the Job Title role you are applying for in the subject line.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
If you submit an application to Adlens , your application and personal details will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.