Last Revised: May 23, 2018
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you in a number of different ways. Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you and our customers expect from us. In this section, we explain the different ways we collect personal information about you and the ways in which that information will be used.
Information you share with us
We may collect and have access to personally identifiable information that you provide, either on website, via email or when you interact with us online or otherwise. For example, you will provide your information to us when you contact our customer service teams, place an order, register your Lifetime Guarantee, complete a survey or questionnaire or rate one our products on our website.
Through such interactions, we may collect the following limited personal information, including:
- Details of your name, transaction and fulfillment of your order, your delivery and billing address, card payment method, and email address so that we are able to provide you with the product you have purchased from our website;
- Details of your registration with us, when you activate your product lifetime warranty so that we can replace your product as advertised on our website;
- Details of your visits to and browsing of our website, including your communication, shopping preferences and other data which we would use to ask you to complete our surveys or feedback regarding your shopping experience and on our products;
Third Party Providers
We may also receive information about you from other parties, including from a Payment Company to process your credit card when you purchase our product and delivery services for fulfillment of our contract with you, or analytic providers who help us to give you a more relevant online experience.
You may use social media to contact us about your Adlens products, or to let people know what you think about your Adlens product. The information we collect from social media and online sites, including Facebook and Twitter, sometimes includes personal information that has been put online and is publically available. We make sure any information we use is properly credited to its source or is made anonymous.
These online and social media sites typically have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should carefully review those privacy policies before you use these site
If you wish to opt out of any of the above mentioned or any future communication with us at any time, you may do so either by clicking the unsubscribe link in your email or contact us here.
How We Use Your Information
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service, products and experiences that you expect from us.
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and / or our third party partners, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to our products and services;
- To ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile devices, or any other technology, manner or means which you used to access our website;
- For security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- May use the information to send you email, newsletter or other communications relating to our products or services which may be of your personal interest and preference.
We may also use your personal data:
- To assist in any disputes or investigations relating to your product or warranty matters;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions
- To comply with our legal obligations in the following limited and necessary circumstances, including to comply with a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
Aside from the above, we are also required by the data protection and privacy laws of some countries to have a “legal basis” or “lawful ground” for handling personal information. This means that we have to have a legal justification for handling your information. In most part, we need to handle your personal information so that we can provide you with the products or services that you have asked for and to ensure our products and websites are able to work properly and to do all the things that you expect them to.
There are times where our use of your personal information is not strictly necessary for us to be able to provide you with our products and services, or for them to work properly. In those circumstances, we have what’s called a “legitimate interest” in handling your personal information; our “legitimate interest” may be to:
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Keep Adlens websites, products and IT systems safe and secure;
- Ensure that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- Customise and improve the way that you shop at our websites and engage with us in the future.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
Sharing Among Adlens Group
We need to share your personal information between ourselves because of our cross-functional business processes, procedures and systems. But we make sure that such access to your personal information is only limited to those staff who need it as part of their responsibilities, and we ensure that all staff understand how and why we protect your information.
Third party service providers
To best serve you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service providers that provide support services to us or that help us market our products and services.
We impose contractual obligations on our service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Adlens and to you, and for no other purposes. These third party service providers fall into the following categories:
- Those that help us to fulfill the delivery of the product you purchase from Adlens;
- Those that help us with mailing services, processing product purchases, payment services, IT technologies or support; and
- Those that help us to provide services and responses to you.
Other third parties
Aside from our third party service providers, we may, in certain instances, share your data if required to do so by law, including in response to a legal process such as court order, or to comply with other national, state or local laws.
Links to Other Websites & Services
Our website may include links to other sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties (‘Linked Sites’). Adlens provides Linked Sites to you solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of Linked Sites does not imply endorsement by Adlens of the Linked Sites. Please be aware that Adlens is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site or tracking technologies they may use.
Such Linked Sites have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal information. You should review those terms of privacy policies you use these Linked Sites to make sure you understand how your personal information is being collected and shared.
Our website uses “cookies”, small text files that are placed on your computer when you visit us online. They are widely used in order to fulfill contracts, to improve our website design, as well as our products, services and promotions. Adlens’ website sets cookies which remain on your computer for differing times. Some expire at the end of each session and some remain for longer so that when you return to our website, you have a better user experience.
We use the following type of cookies: first party cookies (which Adlens set) and third-party cookies (which are set by third parties).
These cookies are set by Adlens. For the most part, they enable essential functionality of our website. They also include our own Web Analytics cookies, which we use to understand how our websites are used by visitors so that we can improve them.
These cookies are not set by Adlens, but by selected third parties with whom we work. Some of these third party cookies enable useful services, for example Microsoft Bing Ad that we used to make the advertising message more relevant to you and your interest or our eCommerce platform, which collects information about your shopping cart as a whole and which expires when the browsing session ends.
Social media cookies
We may embed on our websites that directs you to our social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. These sites set their own cookies, which we don’t control. Those social media sites may have their own cookies policies, which, if available, would normally be contained on their websites. You should carefully review those cookies policies to make sure that you are happy with them.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your internet browser. The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. It has produced a website (www.allaboutcookies.org ) which explains how cookies work and how they can be managed. The IAB website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Security and Protecting Your Data
In addition, we use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including a combination of encryption, IT technologies so that your data is processed, managed and handled carefully. Our procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we share your personal information with you.
We do not recommend you to use a public computing device when you wish to purchase our product online as WiFi may not be secured or an unauthorized person could intercept anything that you are doing online.
If we suffer a security breach which compromises our protection of your information, we will let you know about it.
Global Transferring and Handling of Your Personal Information
The relevant Adlens group company or companies will collect personal information from you in the country in which you live. We, and those third parties that we share your personal information with, then host, store and otherwise handle that information in the UK (at our headquarters), or in any country outside of the EEA, where Adlens have established international offices. We will make sure that any transfers of your personal information from one country to another comply with those data protection and privacy laws which apply to us. European data protection laws, in particular, include specific rules on transferring personal information outside the EEA.
When transferring personal information outside the EEA, we will:
- Include the data protection clauses (See Article 46.2 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) approved by the European Commission for transferring personal information outside the EEA into our contracts with those third parties; or
- Ensure that the country in which your personal information will be handled has been deemed “adequate” (See Article 45 of the GDPR) by the European Commission
You can find out further information about the rules on data transfers outside the EEA, including the mechanisms that we rely upon, on the European Commission website ().
Retention of your information
How to Access, Change, or Remove Your Information
We will only send you marketing communications when you have told us that you are happy for us to do so. You can access, change or remove all your personal identifiable information that we collect from you in the following ways:
Opt-in (Yes, Adlens can contact me)/ Changing Your Preferences.
You can ask us to contact you (known as “op-in”) by locating us here contact us. If, however, you have previously agreed to let us contact you but you would like to change or update the way we do so, you can update your preferences by contact us.
Opt-out (Adlens Stop Contacting Me) / Remove my information
If you don’t want us to send you any marketing communications (known as “opt-out”), you can do so at any time by locating us here
If you request the deletion or correction of any data we have about you, you can do so at any time by contacting us. To do so, we will take step to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections and this procedure is necessary to safeguard your privacy and security.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.